The name of this blog is dedicated to my mother. Back in little league, my mother used to stand back behind home plate and give me that one, simple batting instruction: "get the bat off of your shoulder!"



Sunday, May 22, 2011

Now Isabel is in to cards

So Elizabeth, my 7 year old, and I get back from the card show on Saturday and now Isabel, she of 9 years, is jealous and wants some baseball cards! Another trip to Target, and a few packs of Opening Day later and we have a three card collectors in the house now!


I picked up another blaster of Heritage. I think that is the last I will buy. I seem to have crappy luck. I'll try trading doubles to get the rest. I am still at barely half of the collection after about $100 in cards. I know, I know, I'm old, and $100 is probably not a lot of money to spend on trading cards.


What makes it all worth while at this point is the Stan Musial signature card. I still can't believe I got that card. To think I've got something in my hands that Stan Musial had in his hands is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment